The Artist's Corner

The Artist's Corner
Artwork by Russell Ricks

MC Print Mural Sketch

MC Print Mural Sketch
Sketch for MC Print Building Mural

MURAL A SCALED GRID

MURAL A SCALED GRID
1 cm Equals 1 ft.

MOUNTAIN VISTA MURAL SKETCH

MOUNTAIN VISTA MURAL SKETCH
This mural will illustrate the progress of a hike up Mount Timpanogos

MOUNTAIN VISTA MURAL SCALED GRID

MOUNTAIN VISTA MURAL SCALED GRID
1 cm equals 1 ft.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Started Painting Mountain Vista Mural Today 01 / 11 / 2011

Finally got to get out the paintbrush and slap some paint on the wall! It felt good to hold a paintbrush again. Making preparations for this project, I haven't done any studio painting for several weeks. I also need to find new studio space. An interior design business moved into my brothers building so I had to give up the space my younger brother so generously let me use for a while. I am looking for a new studio. I have to keep up my gallery painting. The plan is to work 7-8 hours a day on the Novatek mural project then at least 4 hours in the studio. I have a One Man show in the Springville Museum September 2011 to prepare for.

I forgot my camera today, but tomorrow I will photograph and post the new update on both murals. The walls for the third Novatek building are now up. In a few months, they will be ready for me too.

The "sky color"  I began to block in today is actually a cloud foundation color ( not all skies are blue ). It looks rather dark against the white wall, but as I add more color, eliminating the stark hospital white, this color will begin to make more sense.  

No comments:

Post a Comment